Moodle is an Open Source Course Management System (CMS), also known as a Learning Management System (LMS) or a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). It has become very popular among educators around the world as a tool for creating online dynamic websites for their students. Educating your school students but also in a business environment your co-workers, dealers, agents and distributors locally and abroad. Keeping your sales and marketing channel up tot date with the latest product information, train and certify them using Moodle. Saving on high travel expenses and empowering your channel.
What is Moodle?
The focus of the Moodle project is always on giving educators the best tools to manage and promote learning, but there are many ways to use Moodle:
- Moodle has features that allow it to scale to very large deployments and hundreds of thousands of students, yet it can also be used for small and medium enterprises or a primary school.
- Companies use it to train or educate their co-workers.
- Distributors use it to educate their dealer network on product updates and new to launch products without the need to travel.
- Many institutions use it as their platform to conduct fully online courses, while some use it simply to augment face-to-face courses (known as blended learning).
- Many of our users love to use the activity modules (such as forums, databases and wikis) to build richly collaborative communities of learning around their subject matter (in the social constructionist tradition), while others prefer to use Moodle as a way to deliver content to students (such as standard SCORM packages) and assess learning using assignments or quizzes.